2/26/2008

laugh a little

Lately, I've been really blessed by laughter. So, before I head off to clean and pack and try to remember my lengthy to do list... I thought I'd insert the embarrassing story I mentioned from last semester and I will try to insert my new favorite laughter-inspiring video.



So in December, I had this paper I needed to turn in for a class in order to get credit from another college course.

I decided to take the elevator upstairs since I was walking with some friends and completely passed the stairs (thankfully they continued on without me).

As I was telling my friends "good-bye" I pushed the button for the elevator and waited by myself.

I looked down and the button was not lit.

"Hmmm" I say to myself, "I must have been distracted and didn't actually push the button..."

So I pushed it again and I looked to SEE that the light came on.

I waited a little while and the light shut off, AGAIN!

"WHAT IN THE WORLD!"

And just a then the light-bulb in my head went off...

I pushed the button again and my suspicions were confirmed.

The elevator door BEHIND me opened and closed...
3 TIMES!!!



Smiles and laughter welcome HERE .

1 comment:

John B. said...

It's good to have you back. I hadn't quite lost faith that you'd post again, but I have to admit that I was beginning to wonder. I hope all is (or will be) well.
Re your story: I've occasionally told my students that part of a professor's training, if s/he's shown not to be already predisposed toward this condition, is a mini-course in Absent-mindedness. So, it appears that you'll make a fine teacher.